At this stage, the toddlers learn to draw, developing their fine skills. Picasso, as an eccentric and revolutionary artist is a perfect icon for this age group.
- Their milestones are reached through playing, learning, speaking, moving (balancing, running & jumping) as well as through positive behaviour. They achieve this to explore a new world and to make sense of it.
- Drawing basic lines defines their work.
- Their fine motor skills develop through playing with clay as well as the basic beginners building blocks. This forms part of texture awareness i.e. hard versus soft, high versus low) as well as getting in touch with sorting and matching.
- Shape and colour awareness ads joy and new perspective to creative arts.
- Simple songs echo through the busy classroom.