Who better than the Queen of Talk to signify this developmental stage? Starting to talk and express themselves at this stage, these babies can look up to Oprah as a strong influential woman who believes in Education and speaking your mind: “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change their future by merely changing their attitude”.
- Two-syllable words such as ‘mama’, ‘dada’ and bye-bye are used for self-expression and understanding.
- They place value in expressing themselves through sensory development.
- They start moving around in a safe environment.
- The challenge lies in touching & discovering new things.
- They become more independent and values what is theirs.
- They want to master everything on their own. The word ‘self’ takes the pitch!
- Playing with balls excites them.
- They also familiarize themselves with one toy- ‘The ME toy’.
- Taking steps are common